Is there a non-relative date time option for a custom field?

mnd November 25, 2020

I'm looking to have a few custom fields that display non-relative date time values. I want to see "November 26, 2020 11:00 am" instead of "Tomorrow". This is useful for fields that have specific start and end times on a given day (such as for a deployment window).

I've seen posts about turning off relative date times for the entire system - but I'm hoping to do this for just a few custom fields. Is there anything that makes this possible? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2020

Hi,

Jira does not have the native ability to configure this on a per field basis today.  The only way I am aware to accomplish this is to follow the steps we have documented such as in Display standard dates in Jira server.  But as you have mentioned this becomes a global setting that applies then to all date fields.

That said I did come across an existing feature request for this over in JRASERVER-45928 : Make relative dates rendering configurable per field configuration.  Should this feature be implemented within Jira server, it would then allow to you control this.  I suggest watching this ticket for updates or other possible work-arounds.

Andy

mnd December 4, 2020

Thanks Andy!

Suggest an answer