Is it possible to set a specific issue type to be assigned automatically upon opening to the Project Lead?

kororos September 3, 2015

Hello,

in JIRA, I want a specific issue type in to be assigned to the Project Lead. I know how to assign it automatically to a specific user, but I want to have it assigned to the Project Lead (since this varies between different projects).

Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2015

Add a post-function in your workflow's "Create" event so that it can do whatever you want, like changing the assignee to someone if the Issuetype is "Support". Take a look a the JIRA Misc Workflow Plugin and the JIRA ScriptRunner.

kororos September 3, 2015

Hello and thanks for this. However, this does not help since I cannot assign it to the Project Lead but only to a specific user.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

That's what I suggested, I did not say assign it to the project lead.

kororos September 6, 2015

But this is what I need. I need to be assigned to the Project Lead (as role) respectively to whom this will be (as the Project Lead will be different per project). I can see that I can assign it to specific person (named) but not to the Project Lead.

Suggest an answer