Is it possible to move a gadget from a dashboard to another ?

Hi all,

I want to know if it's possible to move only one gadget from a dashboard to another (drag and drop or something else) because I'm not interested by copying the whole dashboard.

Thanks in advance,

helene

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Actually, there is a case where you can move a gadget.

If you own or can write to both dashboards, then you can drag a gadget from one dashboard and drop it on the name tab of the other one. It will then move to the bottom of the target and you can re-arrange it as normal.

Can we also move from default dashboard to others? I think that is what I tried and didn't work.

Thank you but I have created two dashboards, then I have added a gadget on one of the dashboard and I'm trying to drag the gadget on the other dashboard but it does not work (the tab name of the second dashboard is still lock). There is a permission to add ?

interesting. Got to try it!

hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] i've tried doing the same for moving the gadget from one dashboard to another but when i pulled the gadget onto the name of the other dashboard , it didn't show up on any other dashboard. Can you please let me know how , i have the read/write permissions for both .

Hey @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], I tried this but it didn't work. By the name tab of the dashboard do you mean the side bar which shows the list of of your favourite dashboards?

Er, 2012...

Later versions of JIRA have changed.

Yeah, LOL. Sorry, I saw that after I posted it. I don't know why the removed such a useful functionality. sad

0 votes

Nope. You will have to either copy the dashboard or delete & recreate.

ok, thank you !

i have copied the dashboard . now which option do i need to choose to paste this dashboard ?

Once you copy, a page will display allowing to create a new dashboard which will use the copied dashboard as starting point. After that process you can delete the unwanted gadgets while leaving out the gadgets you originally plan to copy. Hope this helps. :)

Is it still impossible?

JIRA 6?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,301 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you