Is it possible to edit linked issues tab?

Andris Bērziņš
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Currently linked issue tab looks like this:

Linked Issues

I'd like to add a textual description for the status column, right next to the icon. In this case: Open, Open and Closed.

I know that I can edit columns that are visible there by editing "jira.view.issue.links.sort.order" in the general configuration. However the column I am interested in is already there and it has the same name that "jira.table.cols.subtasks" has (status). In subtask table there is a textual name displayed though.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013
Andris Bērziņš
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

So editing it isn't possible then. Ok, plan B - time to make a custom field that will show what I want and add that there instead :)

Edit: Ok, that won't work either - there is a limitation: "Only the following fields are allowed: type,status,priority,key,resolution".. Javascript it is :P

Thanks

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2015

Hi Andris, Renjith,

Check out our recently released Issue Matrix plug-in -- it will help displaying not just system fields but any custom field for sub-tasks or linked issues. It also allows for flexible configuration per issue type or project. See more on its functionality here: https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ILV/Concept and let us know in case you need any support. The attachment shows example how linked issue panel can be improved using Issue Matrix.

Thanks,
Peter T

Linked-Big.jpg

Suggest an answer