Is it possible to do a partial issue key search and return all issues with that key across multiple projects?

Stuart Ness May 9, 2012

The users of our systems are involved in multiple projects. Occassionally they will be told that this is for issue #123 but the user did not specify which project or, they are working between multiple projects and woud like to simply search for the number and select the correct issue from the list of projects with that partial key.

I see in the JQL that key does not support the '~' operator. Is there any other way to search a partial key, or use a wildcard to search for the issue ID across multiple projects?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

I've been wanting this feature for ages but this is not how JIRA is coded for. I have asked this question previously in here and the experts weighted in and it doesnt look like it.

I have been wanting to try to create my own JQL Operator as JIRA Documented, this might work but again I havent try it yet:

JIRA4.3

JIRA5.0+

Stuart Ness May 13, 2012

Thanks, I will look into the JQL operator.

Suggest an answer