Is it possible to create a field values registry?

Gianni Minicozzi September 10, 2019

Hi all,

We are setting up our Jira server and we would like to know if it possible to create a registry of the field value to create a link 1:1 between two field values.

Below an example:

Field 1 - Value A (label)

Field 2 - Value B (time)

If I select the Value A of the Field 1 in an issue, I can only choose the Value B for te Field 2.

It is possible?

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2019

I'm not sure I'm following you here but, have you looked a the Cascading Select custom field type which allows you to have a primary and secondary selection where the secondary is conditional on the primary?

Gianni Minicozzi September 11, 2019

Thank you Jack,

What we need is exactly what you described, the second field is conditional on the first field, but we do not know how to set this.

In particular, the first field is label type and the second is a date type.

Do you know if it is possible to implement this?

Thank you

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

not OOTB. What i was offering was the single field solution of type Cascading not across two separate fields. You would need to see if this were possible thru an addon scripting solution.

Suggest an answer