Is it possible to copy a image from jira to Word?

Lukas Payer October 20, 2017

Hi all,

I can't copy a Image from Jira to Word.
In Word i can clearly see that there is some space used, but there is no picture.
But i can copy the image to mspaint with no problems.

Is there something like a Bugfix?

2 answers

1 vote
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2017

@Lukas Payer, probably not an issue with Jira.  Try copying or downloading the picture to your desktop and importing the picture into word.

.pd

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2017

I've experienced this same thing.  If you copy just the image, you can paste it into word.

Your better option is to export the document to word, if your admin hasn't disabled that option.  It's in the page menu.  Select the ellipsis and choose "export to word".   That will grab the page and the images.

export.jpg

Lukas Payer October 23, 2017

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for  your answer.

I tried the step but all i get is a word file with all the Ticket data but without the image in attachment.

Is there any other way or is there a way to export the image too?

Best Regards,

Lukas Payer

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Only other thing i can think of if those aren't working is pdf export and see what that looks like.   Then convert the pdf into word. 

Sounds painful though.

Lukas Payer October 30, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for answering!

You're right, its painful.

I don't have any solution yet, so if anyone have a solution i would appreciate that.

Best Regards,

Lukas Payer

Suggest an answer