Is it possible to add a custom field within a single Jira issue?

David Siderski December 17, 2019

In this case we are looking to add custom fields that only apply to specific Jira issues. We are not seeking to add these at a Scheme level. Is this possible from a systems perspective?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi @David Siderski 

Custom fields are added to the Screens which are mapped to Issue Types so the answer would be no. Any specific reason why you want to do that?

Ravi

David Siderski December 19, 2019

Thank you Ravi:

I knew the answer was likely to be no but it is a question I was asked to pose. 

0 votes
Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Well, in general, @Ravi Sagar is right, but I would add that fields will not be displayed if they don't have values. So if you need several fields to be displayed only on specific issues simply add them to the relevant schemes and avoid adding values on irrelevant issues.

David Siderski December 19, 2019

Thank you Tanya

Suggest an answer