I used the External System Import tool to import a bunch of new Stories with their sub-tasks into Jira. The importing tool didn't report any errors. I can see the stories correctly linked to the sub-tasks, and related to the existing Epics and other existing Stories. Basically, everything works as it should.
The issue is when I go to any board that includes the project I did the import for. Then, the board doesn't load.
I am assuming the culprit is the import because when I update the Board's filter to show me the issues before the import, then it works.
Filter: project = PROJECT_NAME AND created < 2017-10-14 ORDER BY Rank ASC
I tried to find the indexing tool, but I don't seem to find it under System.
Do you know how I can fix the issue? I am afraid that if I don't know what it is causing the error if I delete all the imported issues and load them again, the error will happen again.
Ok. I fixed it. I exported all the imported items to CSV and looked for any duplicates in the Issue id field. Excel showed me some. I searched them through JQL and clicked through them. I noticed one of the sub-tasks was taking me to a different ticket number (and creating a very weird circular reference), and from there, links were messed up. I deleted all the duplicates and the board was fixed.
I continued to use the importer with no issues until now.
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot