Invalid JIRA backup error when importing a project

Rehnuma Noor May 2, 2019

I'm using the Project Configurator add-on to import a project backup to a dev instance but I keep getting these errors:

• "The file 'project-dump_APNR-4QUB-LWJ1-4CIL_AMAPP.zip' is not a valid JIRA backup."
  • "The path to the JIRA backup zip file is not valid." This is when I enter the filename without the .zip extension.

I've tried changing the filename, unzipping the file and importing from the extracted file, and removing and copying over again but nothing seems to be working. Some clarification on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

With extension.jpgWithout extension.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Savannah Ritter August 7, 2019

We just had the same issue and realized that since this is a Project Configurator backup, you have to go to Add-ons -> Project Configurator -> Import Complete Project instead of using the core Jira backup import (System -> Project Import).

Rehnuma Noor January 15, 2020

Thanks, Savannah! Looks like I can import projects through Project Configurator.

0 votes
Jannina Koskinen August 7, 2019

Hi @Rehnuma Noor !

Like @Savannah Ritter mentioned, please use the Project Configurator menu in your Jira Administration Add-ons page. If you have any questions or need guidance, don't hesitate to contact our Support here Project Configurator Support.

We will assist you asap.

Cheers,

Jannina

0 votes
Prasanna July 15, 2019

Hi There !

I am also having issue with import jira project and can anyone got the resolutions

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer