Installing Jira from a archive file on windows

Patrick J Bonk November 26, 2012

I am on step five running the setup wizard and I answered the first page question wrong how do I get back to page one.

2 answers

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Hi, either restart JIRA as said OR you can delete everything from the database + home directory and completely start fresh.

I removed everything from the home directory + database folder and it still sends me to page 2

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2012

One way is to stop JIRA and start it again. You will be directed to the earlier step.

this did not work, I was still pointed at the second page?

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2012

If you have configured the database using the JIRA Configuration Tools, then you will automatically redirected to the 2nd step. Please delete your dbconfig.xml in JIRA_HOME directory and see if this works.

This did work and now I am at the first page and when I choose external I should expect a drop down menu for me to configure mysql database that we use. It is not giving me a drop down list??

I would like to use the wizard but the drop down is not there....should I then use the configuration tool?

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
November 26, 2012

Indeed. You can refer to this page for configuring database using setup wizard. Or, you could configure them using JIRA Configuration Tools in this page.

Suggest an answer