Importing from Bugzilla 4.2.5

Tamir Lavi July 7, 2013
Hi, I need to import data and attachments from Bugzilla 4.2.5. Jira import only support Bugzilla up to 4.0.2 Is there a way to overcome this limitation?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tamir Lavi July 23, 2013

Hi.

I have successfuly tested the import from Bugzilla 4.2.5

MySql db has some security limitation that prevent from connecting to the db remotly, but once I got over that - I could import all the issues to my localy hosted Jira.

In a quick glance, it looks good.

0 votes
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

The documentation mentions only this version of Bugzilla which the importer was tested against.

Usually newer versions work without any issues.

However Atlassian does not want to claim something which hasn't been carefully tested. Due to various constraints, it's not possible to test the importers against every version (they are coming all the time) of each issue tracker which is supported.

Instead periodically (or when customers report issues) we check the compatibility with newer versions of 3rd oarty issue trackers.

In case you find that JIRA importer does not work with Bugzilla 4.2.5, please let us know - ideally by raising a bug report at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM and we should be able to fix it.

0 votes
Tamir Lavi July 13, 2013

Acording to Atlassian support, Importing from Bugzilla 4.2.X to Jira is not supported.

They suggested to use CSV import, but that doesn't give me the option to import attachments.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Suggest an answer