Import custom field values from file

Paweł Owczarek February 17, 2015

Hallo,

We have custom field called "Application" (select list - single choice) and two text custom field called "owner 1" and "owner 2". In Excel i have list witch 60 applications and two owners for each application.

It's possible to import this values to custom fields and "connect' them?

For example if I choose application "x" then show "owner 1" and owner 2 for this application, if i select application "y" show their owners...

Everything i have in one file, it's possible to import everything and "conect" in JIRA somehow ?

application jira.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Oliviu Nita August 16, 2015

Hi Pawel, How did you manage to import values from a xcel file? My case: I have a custom field - drop-down list, single choice called Service Catalog (all the soft and hard components for witch we provide support). The xls file has 300 entries, i have integrated on the custom field manually -> NOT OK because the xls file it's updated every week... So do you have a solution for this? I can provide you screen shots, more infos etc. I really need this function :) Cheers, Oli.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

JIRA does not allow for multi child cascading select lists as far as I know. However, you could use 2 casading select fields and just have duplicate top level application entries.

Paweł Owczarek February 20, 2015

Ok, but this mettod is not acceptable for us, we need to have one main field and two child fields...

Maybe there is a method that we can create one main field and create two text fields ans write some script or configure somehow that if i choose A  or B or C from main field (select list) that JIRA will fill those  another 2 text fields... 

Suggest an answer