I modified the issues workflow; now "Created versus Resolved" chart doesnt work

We created an intermediate task for our issues, "Code verification".

Now the "Created versus Resolved" plugin does not work; only the "Created" line appears positive; the resolved line appears as zero although issues attain "Resolved" status every day.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Ok. it seems that your workflow is not setting a resolution while your issues move into status resolved. The resolved line shows issues with a resolution independent from the status the issue is in.

So you need to set a resolution in your workflow via postfunction within the transition to a status that should have a resolution (like your resolved status).

Thank you.

How do I set a resolution via postfunction?

You need to edit your workflow. Click on a transition where you need to set the resolution. Click on the tab postfunction, click add postfunction, mark "update issue field", click add. Then select Resolution as issue field and a value (e.g. Fixed) for the resolution. Click Add  (if neccessary repeat this for other transitions as well) and then publish your draft.

Yes, this works great, thank you. 

A side question on the same issue:

I have several re-opened and re-resolved issues, The image becomes distorted, obviously because the "FIXED" status needs to be removed when an issue is re-opened? How can I do that?

resolved2.jpg

You need to remove the resolution in you reopen transition. Again, use a postfunction that clears the Resolution.

No, for re-open transitions this parameter update already exists.

Maybe I need to set this somewhere else?

snapReopen.jpg

Ok, that seems to be correct. Well actually the graph could be correct, when you have more issues resolved than created. Since 9th of February (I guess) there have been only 8-10 issues created (reopened does not count) but around 50+ have been resolved - is that correct?

Yes, you are right, this is the problem, thank you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,341 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you