I cannot assign tasks, even though I have all permissions.

Shawn Matthews February 20, 2014

Here are the parameters that are currently set in my Jira/Agile/Confluences Suite.

• I am an administrator on all of them.
  • I have a 23 person team installed, with 6 Developers, 1 other admin (Product Owner) and the rest as users.
  • When I try to assign tasks to users (and some developers) they never appear in the drop down and therefore are not assignable to any task.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shawn

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Found it...and it worked! Awesome! Thanks for your help guys!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2014

So, you get the assignee field, but you can't get the list of users?

If that is the case, then you haven't got "browse users" permission. Check in Jira -> Admin -> Global permissions. Make sure you are in one of the groups listed for browse-users

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

The users have to have the Assignable User permission to show up in the field. Did they?

Seemed like that would do the trick, but still not getting all the users in the drop down. To answer your first question, I do have the assignee field, and some of the users do show up when I try to assign a task.

Henning,

I'm having trouble finding an Assignable User permission. Where exactly is that?

Thanks,

Shawn

Suggest an answer