I can access jira using local host but cannot access from other systems on my network

vivek prasad August 16, 2018
I did. Some basic test and below are my observation. Kindly help

- I can access jira through local host on the server
- I can access using ip on local servee
- I can ping server and get reply from other server
- when I try with ip and port it does not seem to work.

How to fix this. What url should I use from local system to launch jira.. Where was I going wrong.

Kindly advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

This usually means your server has a firewall blocking access to the outside wall.

What error message do you get when "it does not seem to work"?  That might tell you a bit more.

vivek prasad August 16, 2018

Thanks for ur reply. I am not in front of the system. I will update further on this. 

Usually what url should I use to access jira from local machine. My base url set in jira is just http://localhost:xxxx

vivek prasad August 18, 2018

Thanks a lot. I created an firewall rule to exclude port internal request and that fixed the issue. 

I can access jira from an other system. Now. Thanks for the help

0 votes
Cecil Carter September 8, 2022

I'm having an issue making issues to my Jira board from my local. Do you have any steps or instructions that might guide me?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Is this related to the access problem discussed in the question?

Suggest an answer