How to use create Subtask Post fuction

Kedar Pepakayala July 13, 2017

My main problem I used this create Sub-Task post fuction in Workflow Under Create button .

My Project  Key -TEP i had taken condition as issue.project.objectkey=="TEP"

Action with issue type-Sub -Task

Problem is when i creating the issue no sub task is created Automatically could please give a solution how get subtask automatically when i create a issue in jira

Create Sub task Problem.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

Can you confirm that

• the TEP project contains the "sub-task" issue type, 
  • that the issue you are running the transition for is a standard issue type, not a sub-task type?
Kedar Pepakayala July 13, 2017

No Nic they are Sub task type only and that TEP project contains Sub task Issue type

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

OK, you'll need to look at the logs to see what happens when you try to run that transition

Kedar Pepakayala July 14, 2017

What i have to do with that logs what i can found in that logs

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2017

That's the question.  I need to see what the logs say when you try this transition.

Kedar Pepakayala July 18, 2017

log files are showing like this what i have to do nextsubtask failure.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2017

My guess is that you're trying to run this on a sub-task issue type already.  Which will fail because a sub-task can't be a parent.

Kedar Pepakayala July 19, 2017

iam trying to add for parent issue type to get sub task created automatically and subtask also in the issue type schem which is assigned to the project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2017

The error you are seeing in the log implies there is no parent issue to attach the sub-task to, which would only happen if the post-function were running on an issue that was not a parent type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events