How to troubleshoot a ticket that's in the database but NOT displaying in the UI

Guy Anela February 6, 2020

Hi, We have an unusual problem with a particular ticket. When we attempt to view it directly, we get a message stating...

You can't view this issue

It may have been deleted or you don't have permission to view it.

When we try to search for the ticket using JQL (e.g. Key=MTS-837), we get this message...

"An issue with key 'MTS-837' does not exist for field 'Key'."

There doesn't appear to be any Permissions configured that would restrict access to it. I've checked the Projects Permission scheme, Security Levels (none configured), and Workflow Properties.

What's odd is when I query the database directly, I can see the ticket in the jiraissue table. I confirmed that it's not a "Moved" issue by checking the moved_issue_key db table (nothing in the table for it).  I also checked the changeitem table to see if there were any changes made to the ticket that may have caused this (nothing).

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?  ...or suggestions on how to troubleshoot it further?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

Sounds weird. I would re-index and if that doesn't work open an issue with Atlassian

Guy Anela February 7, 2020

Yup, definitely weird. I just tried a re-index with no luck. I'll open a ticket with Atlassian Support. Thanks Joe!

Suggest an answer