How to setup auto-fill when referencing another user in a comment

How do I make it so when I reference someone in a comment via @soandso, their name will automatically be populated, so I can select and they will receive an email notification?

2 answers

Hey,

By default, when a user mention someone in a comment via the alais '@', all possible name will start to appear as you type so that you can choose the intended user. May I know whether you are having a problem when you try to mention someone in the comment? If yes, can you try to mention using '[~' and check if there will be any names appearing?

Cheers,

Interesting, neither @ nor ~ worked. I only have two users, and when I start typing their name nothing comes up.

That's odd... Is there any pattern for the problem here? For example, does it only occur in specific projects? Or in all projects? Does it occur in specific browser or all browsers?

All projects. When I try @john.doe or even @john, nothing.

Honestly, I'm not sure what might be the cause of the problem we have here. Can you please try to replicate it with different web-browsers? And also, can you try to enable safe mode and check whether the problem still persists?

Hi there

I had this problem before and the issue was that I didn't have the "Browse Users" Global Permission turned on. SEe how to do this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

439 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you