How to setup auto-fill when referencing another user in a comment

App Admin October 24, 2013

How do I make it so when I reference someone in a comment via @soandso, their name will automatically be populated, so I can select and they will receive an email notification?

2 answers

0 votes
Lisa Reilly April 14, 2014

Hi there

I had this problem before and the issue was that I didn't have the "Browse Users" Global Permission turned on. SEe how to do this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Hey,

By default, when a user mention someone in a comment via the alais '@', all possible name will start to appear as you type so that you can choose the intended user. May I know whether you are having a problem when you try to mention someone in the comment? If yes, can you try to mention using '[~' and check if there will be any names appearing?

Cheers,

App Admin October 24, 2013

Interesting, neither @ nor ~ worked. I only have two users, and when I start typing their name nothing comes up.

AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

That's odd... Is there any pattern for the problem here? For example, does it only occur in specific projects? Or in all projects? Does it occur in specific browser or all browsers?

App Admin October 28, 2013

All projects. When I try @john.doe or even @john, nothing.

AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2013
Honestly, I'm not sure what might be the cause of the problem we have here. Can you please try to replicate it with different web-browsers? And also, can you try to enable safe mode and check whether the problem still persists?

Suggest an answer