How to set up incoming mail from local file system?

Susan Hazlett September 22, 2013

For security reasons, our incoming mail is being directed to JIRA_HOME/import/mail according to the documentation. However, JIRA isn't recognizing it. I have a mail handler set up for it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set up an incoming mail server that isn't IMAP or POP. Is there a way to configure this? If I've missed the documentation somewhere can someone point me to it?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Oleksii Gnatkevych June 19, 2017

'Local files' option is available only to those having 'JIRA System Administrators' global privilege.

Susan Hazlett June 19, 2017

I am, and have been a JIRA System Administrator.   Since this is almost 4 years old, the responsibilities of day-to-day admin have been moved to someone else.  We found another alternative that works for us.  Thanks.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2013

You can proceed in creating the Handler directly and specify the Local Files in the first screen. Then you just type the directory in case there is a specific one.

Susan Hazlett September 23, 2013

I have already done that. I set up the mail handler according to the documentation. I must have something configured incorrectly, because when I test the configuration, it correctly sees the directory and the test message in it, but is not processing it.

Sotero Luis Bustamante Torres January 26, 2015

I have the same problem. Could you solve it? I hope you help me. Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2013

You should be being offered "file" as an option under the pop/imap drop down when you create the incoming mail server. Is that not happening?

Susan Hazlett September 23, 2013

No. Under "Service provider" I get "Custom, Google (POP), Google(IMAP), and Yahoo Mail". Choosing "custom", I get "POP, IMAP, SECURE_POP, and SECURE_IMAP" for protocol. There doesn't seem to be any other options. (I'm using JIRA 6.0.8)

Suggest an answer