How to set up incoming mail from local file system?

For security reasons, our incoming mail is being directed to JIRA_HOME/import/mail according to the documentation. However, JIRA isn't recognizing it. I have a mail handler set up for it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set up an incoming mail server that isn't IMAP or POP. Is there a way to configure this? If I've missed the documentation somewhere can someone point me to it?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes

You should be being offered "file" as an option under the pop/imap drop down when you create the incoming mail server. Is that not happening?

No. Under "Service provider" I get "Custom, Google (POP), Google(IMAP), and Yahoo Mail". Choosing "custom", I get "POP, IMAP, SECURE_POP, and SECURE_IMAP" for protocol. There doesn't seem to be any other options. (I'm using JIRA 6.0.8)

0 votes
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Sep 23, 2013

You can proceed in creating the Handler directly and specify the Local Files in the first screen. Then you just type the directory in case there is a specific one.

I have already done that. I set up the mail handler according to the documentation. I must have something configured incorrectly, because when I test the configuration, it correctly sees the directory and the test message in it, but is not processing it.

I have the same problem. Could you solve it? I hope you help me. Thanks

'Local files' option is available only to those having 'JIRA System Administrators' global privilege.

I am, and have been a JIRA System Administrator.   Since this is almost 4 years old, the responsibilities of day-to-day admin have been moved to someone else.  We found another alternative that works for us.  Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,789 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot