How to set a custom field as today's date on transition?

ChangJoon Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

In Atlassian Support system, there is a custom field "first response date".

How do I add such a thing?

My plan with this field is setting first starting progress date when user starts his issue.

1. I added a custom date field.

2. I went to workflow, and found transtion "Start Progress", but I couldn't set such a condition.

Desired condition and action:

On "Start Progress" transition, or on the event of "Add Work-log"

If "Start Date" is EMPTY, set current date at "Start Date".

Thank you!

Best regards,

CJ Lee

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Write your custom post function to caoture date and configure at "Start Progress" transition, i done this way

ChangJoon Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

"Writing custom function", did you mean it like programming? or can I do this in JIRA GUI?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Yes, your are correct!

ChangJoon Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Thank you very much.

However is this the only way? in other words, is this how Atlassian possibly doing it for their customer support system?

Have a great day!

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2013

Glad to hear my asnswer helped!!

check my another answer to use the post function which is already exits on atlassian market

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Suggest an answer