How to retain jira local groups user list, after making Crowd as Primary directory.?

Suresh September 1, 2017

I have created jira-users,jira-developers, jira-administrator groups in crowd directory and crowd has associated with our organization LDAP groups.Then I intigrated jira application with Crowd dorectory. 

we have so many jira local groups and containing all user details.The problem though i have created this local groups in crowd directory,

How can we copy all the jira's jira-users into the crowd jira-user group.

How can we copy all the jira's jira-developers users into the crowd jira-developers group.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi Suresh,

There's a CROWD document titled Importing Users from Atlassian JIRA that can help you import your JIRA internal users to CROWD.

It is recommended that you import your JIRA users into an Internal Directory that has its 'Password Encryption' set to 'ATLASSIAN-SECURITY'. Otherwise, users' passwords will not be copied across to Crowd.

You'll want to follow the steps in the article and once that is complete, take a look Specifying which Groups can access an Application to give the imported groups access to the JIRA.

Cheers,

Branden

Suresh September 4, 2017

Thank you Braden,

Our jira is associated with LDAP, the users in jira-user contains LDAP and are part of LDAP only, we are adding users to jira-users who ever logged into jira first time.

We have copied two LDAP groups  into the jira-developers.

Now, The same list of jira-users and jira-developers should be present in the Crowd side to provide application access,global permissions and project permissions.

Suresh September 4, 2017

we do not have any users/added in jira(except admin) side,all users from LDAP side itself. And our jira licence is for 2000 users.

The problem is now I am not sure, who is part of jira-users.So would like import all jira's jira-users in to the crowd jira-users.

Suggest an answer