How to rename a filter

loomax February 17, 2020

How can one rename a filter. I can't find any solution apart from savesas an delete.

This is not an option as the filters used in Boards

3 answers

5 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2020

In Cloud if you click on the filter and get the results then you should be able to click on Details link at the top of the page and edit the name there. Unsure if server has same or not. 

paolo.righetti March 13, 2020

Filter --> Details --> Edit permissions

As the link name clearly says you may rename the filter name from there. Come on JIRA guys, the UI really sucks

Like # people like this
Paul Bauer April 22, 2021

Thanks - this worked.  Once you enter "Edit Permissions" in the filter's Details link you can update the name.  But seriously, in "Edit Permissions"?!?   Very much NOT intuitively obvious.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2020

You can only rename a filter if you are the owner of that filter.  You can check if you are via the "Manage filters" link.  If you are not the owner your only option is to save it under a new name.

loomax February 17, 2020

I already saw something -- I can only edit the filters under the item My Filters.

If one uses the search the table looks different and the action is missing.

Question -- Who did design this gui ?

0 votes
Aaron Cruz July 18, 2022

In Cloud:

Filters (in navigation) => View all filters => 3 dots in row => Edit

Suggest an answer