How to remove inactive users from watching issues?

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

Is there a way within the JIRA functionality to remove all inactive users from beeing watching issues? This should happen at once and done by the JIRA administration.

I can perform a bulk operation

but this will only affect the current user, even the JQL is looking for watchers in an inactive status.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

JIRA will not send an email to inactive users even if they are in the watcher field. If you must remove them in bulk, you might have to do it in DB (I didn't know that bulk stop watching doesn't remove inactive users).

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2015

Thanks for the info. Just noticed, that JIRA sends email to inactive users when mentioned in an issue.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2015

Looks like there is an open issue for it (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27992). It is slightly different but should address the problem.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2015

Thanks for the hint. I have voted for it.

Suggest an answer