How to populate the contents of a custom field from a database with ScriptRunner

Maikes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2019

Hi Dear collegues,

I'm new with JIRA, ScriptRunner and Groovy.

I am Trying to extract information from a external database and associate the value to a custom field. For this I mus use ScriptRunner Plugin.

I am trying to use Script Field -> DatabasePicker -> Custom Field Creation...

But I'm getting an error [ This field type cannot be shown - you must provide a preset value].

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2019

You get that when you have not selected a value in the field's configuration settings.  Have a look at https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/script-fields/database-picker.html

Maikes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Thak you Nic Brough, I already have done what is at: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/script-fields/database-picker.html

Unfortunatly, Is for Issues, nor request types association. 

Another Option? 

Best Regards 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

I can't give you "another option" as the field is not set up correctly.  The only "option" is to fix the configuration.

Maikes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2019

Thank you very much for your Attention, Nic Brough {Adaptavist}! 

Suggest an answer