How to plot Jira Issues data in charts?

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Hi everybody,

i'm trying to see what's the best way to plot data from the result of a JIRA filter.

In my case, i have a project for monitoring expenses. From a quick anlaysis i would like to have a chart, possibly bar chart or pie, where i would like to have the currency in one axis and the sum of amounts per currency in the other axis. From the available JIRA charts i didn't find something really good.

Preferably i would like to have the results in Confluence. But i think that this can happen by embeding the gadget in a Confluence page.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Kostas

3 answers

5 votes
Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 24, 2019

My Co-founder @Tom Harris (Amovos) wrote a pretty thorough blog on this very topic:

How to Create Jira Reports and Charts in Confluence.

Hope it helps!

0 votes
David Goldstein
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Just use our add-on Arsenale Dataplane Reporting for JIRA. Here's how easy it is to do with Dataplane:

1. select the Sum Numeric Field by Date report
  2. chose your projects, what field you're using for Expenses, and then how you want to segment the data (e.g. by Currency)

Done!

You'll get a nice chart like the following. This report works for any type of custom numeric field you use, for example price, business value, story points, expenses.

And to embed this in Confluence, just save your Dataplane report and make the Dataplane Gadget available in your Confluence instance, just as you expected.

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2013

In jira you can create your own dashboard to analyze your project issues. In the dashboard we can add gadgets. Upto your requirement there 'pie chart' and 'bar charts' available. If you intersted to use confluence see the link to embeded jira filters in confluence.

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2013

The available JIRA charts cannot do the things i want...

Suggest an answer