How to modify the reporter?

Hi,

For some reason, a few issues have reporter "Anonymous". I want to put the name of a person instead.

I have the "Modify Reporter" permissions enabled but I cannot find any place where I can modify the "Reporter" field.

Where do I change the "Reporter" field of a Jira issue?

4 answers

1 accepted

Seeing also that you refer to issues (plural) then you might be wanting to change reporter on more than one issue at a time.

The "Bulk Operation Step 3 of 4" screen allows you to change reporter.

3 votes

My guess is that although you have got the right permissions (my first guess when I read the title was permissions were stopping you), you have not put the reporter on the "edit" screen. Have a look at the projects "screen scheme" and drill down to the edit screen for the issue-type you are trying to edit.

just like nic said...make sure your projects permission includes you in "Modify Reporter"

Make sure that you add "Reported" into your Edit screen or whichever screen you would like to show.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,264 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot