How to migrate user to new login on delegated authentication LDAP?

Mariusz Górski June 15, 2015

Hello guys,

We are using Crowd 2.8.3 and JIRA 6.4.6 in configuration with Delegated Authentication. In crowd we have two directories, Crowd Internal directory storing user permissions and read only Delegated Authentication directory used for login information to provide sso service.

In our company when people get new sso login account is not simply renamed but there is created new one. So when I changed username in crowd to reflect new sso in DA directory in JIRA (and other toolset products) there is created new user instead of renaming old one. Probably that is because there are two seperate users in DA directory. 

How I could migrate/rename my user to use new username from DA and have all informations related with previous accounts in toolset products.

1 answer

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2015

If you are unable to persuade your system administrators that creating a bunch of accounts with different usernames is an absolutely horrible idea that they should reconsider, then your only real hope is to rename the internal directory accounts to match the delegated authentication directory before you make it active.

Although it is an idea we have spent some time looking into, there is not currently any simple way to merge two user accounts together, and I wouldn't expect that problem to be solved in the immediate future.

Suggest an answer