How to make details fields "editable", without having to open each use case

Esther Ferguson August 3, 2017

Hi! I want to be able to configure settings, so that I can make the detail section "editable" at the top right navigation area for each use case in JIRA at the drawer level. For instance, when I'm in the backlog dashboard, I can easily edit description or comments, but JIRA doesn't allow me to edit Components, Labels, Affect versions, and Fix Versions under Details at that level in JIRA. I have to open up each use case to edit those specific fields. I can’t seem to figure out the appropriate setting or if it's even possible to be able to edit those fields at that level? Thank you in advance for any suggestions! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Hi Esther - can you please post some screenshots for clarification? So far I have understood that you want to use the inline edit in the agile board detail view for cards instead of having to open a card separately. Which version of JIRA are you using? Are you a JIRA administrator?

Cheers

Christoph

Esther Ferguson August 3, 2017

Hi Christoph,

Yes, that is exactly correct! I was going to upload a screenshot, but I don't see where to do this, sorry! I'm basically trying to have all Details Section editable, if possible? Yes, I am a JIRA Admin and we are using JIRA v7.1.4.

Thanks,

Esther

Esther Ferguson August 7, 2017

Hi Chris, here's my screenshot

Esther Ferguson August 10, 2017

JiraCustomFields.png

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2017

Hey Esther, you are using JIRA server I guess? Because in my JIRA cloud instance, you can already edit the Estimate etc. in this place. If you are using JIRA server you have to use at least version 7.2.x (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-2-x-release-notes-826896227.html) - you can see the version you are using in the footer at the bottom side.

Cheers

Christoph

Esther Ferguson August 14, 2017

Hi Christoph,

We have JIRA version 7.1.4. So, in JIRA version 7.2.x, are you also able to edit Components, Lables, Affect Versions, and Fix Versions at this level in JIRA?

That's what I'm really trying to do is to determine, if there is a setting that I can change to make these editable too :-)

Thanks,
Esther

Esther Ferguson August 14, 2017

We will upgrade to version 7.2.x!

Thank you for your help!!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2017

Hi Ester,

A couple things:

1. When you're on the community webpage you should see a camera icon like the one below.  This is how you upload screenshots.Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.41.21 AM.png
  2. In regards to editing those options from the backlog, you should see three dots you can click and from there click Edit: Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.45.06 AM.png

Hopefully that's what you're looking for.  If not try to post an image of what you're looking at and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Esther Ferguson August 7, 2017

Will post a new picture..

Esther Ferguson August 10, 2017

See picture in previous post :-)

Suggest an answer