How to keep a static list of issues in Jira

Hi,

I'm trying to create a list of static issues that I'd like my project counterpart to prioritize. 

Is it possible to track certain issues in Jira in a static filter?

Regards,

Fredrik

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Aleksandr Zuevich Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

Hi Frederik,

do you need a filter like "key in (TEST-25, TEST-24)" ?

Yes, sort of.

Do you know if there is an easier way to add an issue to the filter than editing the filter itself (by adding key = xxx) for every single issue)?

Regards,

Fredrik

You could label them and search for that.  It's a bit less "static", but does the job.

Warren Levy Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

You need some other identifier which can be used for the query. I have had success adding a specific label or component, then my filter can be labels = MyLabel. As long as an issue has the label, it will show in the filter.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed (way of working) to add my own labels to specific issues :(

Regards,

Fredrik

That's a shame, because this is exactly what labels are intended for.

In your case you can also do something like this: when you have your issues filtered, just show only key column to easily select issue keys. And then paste in to the filter. 

BTW Nic is right, the labels are intended exactly for it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

197 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you