How to integrate Two workflows in a Single Project based on Issue Type?

Hi Friends

How to integrate two workflows in a single project based on issue types.

Kindly Response ASAP.

Thanks in Advance

1 answer

0 vote

Depends on what you mean by "integrate".

An issue type in a project can only have one workflow. So, if by "integrate" you mean you want to use two different workflows, you can't - you need to have two different issue types. If you mean you want to merge them though, then you need to come up with a new workflow that implements all the routes you might take through the process and consider blocking/allowing transitiosn with conditions.

Hi Nic,

Actually I am having Test as a single project now i want to invoke 2 different workflows for the issue type bug and story in a "Test Project".

Is it Possible to invoke,if possible means kindly give a steps to invoke

Thanks

Oh, I see, standard usage.

Assuming you've got "bug workflow" and "story workflow" already set up, then create a "workflow scheme", and set it up to say "for bugs use bug-workflow" and "for stories use story-workflow". Then associate it with the project.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflowand look at the pages under it as well.

I tried Nic it was saying, There are 420 sub-tasks that will be affected by this change. You must have at least one valid sub-task issue type.

That's not a workflow change.

This error is you trying to change the issue type scheme. It means what it says - you're trying to change from a scheme that has sub-tasks to one that does not. You can't do that unless you convert all the sub-tasks to top level issues. Either do that, or add at least one sub-task type into the new scheme.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,307 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot