How to integrate Confluence with Active directory ?

Maikes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

Dear members Attlanssian. 

Someone can tell me how can I integrate Confluence with Active directory ?

Kind Regards 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

Hi @Maikes , 

to connect to your Active Directory, you can follow this documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-229838241.html

LDAP is the protocol used for the AD connection, you just need to configure this in your Confluence administration.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Maikes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

Alexis, are you tell me that with LDAP I can connect to active directory ? 

Is it a bridge between 

Confluence <-----> Active Directory? 

-- Maikes

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

Hi @Maikes , 

there is no bridge, "LDAP" is the type of connection, but it connects directly to your AD.

Suggest an answer