How to insert a table into a Jira Dashboard without using any filter option

Mabbu prasad March 18, 2021

Hi,

I created a new dashboard to my project, I want insert a some country list, like table format. Here, I am not using any filters. I have my country list in my Excel sheet.

Is it possible to add the table directly into Jira dashboard or any empty gadget is available, where I can edit the gadget to add or remove my country list without using filter option.

Please let me know 

Thanks in Advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Mabbu prasad 

The short answer is: no, you cannot do this with out-of-the-box Jira features.

The information shown on Jira dashboards almost always relates to issues (epics, stories, etc.)  The exceptions are gadgets like placeholders/dividers.  The country list you note would have no association to issues and so couldn't display.

There may be marketplace add-ons for purchase that meet this need, but I am unclear why you would do this without associating to issues.  What problem are you trying to solve?

Best regards,

Bill

Mabbu prasad March 18, 2021

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the explanation, Suppose if I have 10 markets in that only 5 are reported issues or stories, but remaining 5 are not reported. using filter I can list only that 5 markets. That is why, I am looking for a insert type option.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2021

Thanks for clarifying your use case, which is to both show the presence and absence of data for the 10 markets.

That confirms for me that you will not be able to do this with out-of-the-box Jira on a dashboard.  Instead you would need a marketplace add-on for dashboards, or perhaps use the Atlassian Excel add-in or Google Sheets add-in to build a spreadsheet which is clever enough to combine your table of markets with Jira issue data.  Or, you could just export the data to build the report.

Like Mabbu prasad likes this
Mabbu prasad March 21, 2021

Thanks for the explanation

Mabbu prasad March 22, 2021

Hi Bill,

Is this add-in (Jira cloud for Excel) are available at free of cost or its Chargeable?

And I have another question, Remedy tickets  and Jira linkage. Is this  linkage plug-in or add-in are chargeable?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2021

The official add-in for Excel from Atlassian is free:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221301/jira-cloud-for-excel-official?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

The add-ons for Remedy interaction appear to be for purchase in the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&query=remedy

I do not know much about the features of Remedy, but if it can consume a webhook or call the REST API for Jira, you may be able to build your own interaction.

Like Mabbu prasad likes this
Mabbu prasad March 22, 2021

Thank you soo Much!!

Suggest an answer