How to get the Jira notification in Slack

Sharath Moolya April 26, 2022

Hello,

Whenever i create a Deployment ticket in Jira, the notification to be received in Slack "deployment" channel.

For eg If i create deployment ticket Service-12345 - Type - Deployment then that notification to be triggered in Slack "Deployment channel" with below format 

created Deployment SERVICE-12345

Subject of the ticket

Assignee
XXXXXX
Priority
Minor
Can you please guide me how do i procced with this step.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Sharath Moolya , welcome to the Community!

For Slack notifications using Jira Server, you'll first want to ensure you've got the free Jira Server for Slack (official) app installed. Note: there are third-party Slack apps for Jira Server available as well on the Marketplace - these are just instructions for the Atlassian-provided free one.

Once the app is installed, you'll need to configure it to connect with Slack. The app will walk you through this in Jira, but you can also follow the setup documentation if you get stuck.

To get the notifications flowing for a single issue type like "Deployment", go to the Slack settings for the project you want to trigger notifications (SERVICE). There will be an option to create a new notification - select the SERVICE project and your #deployment channel.

ProjectChannelMappingCreation

You can then use the "For issues that match this filter" to select the Deployment issue type. Check the Issue created checkbox, and select Extended for the verbosity option.

The other options there can be tweaked if you want to make changes later on, for example when the issue is transitioned to Done or if someone leaves a comment.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer