How to generate a report of the individual and average elapsed time between statuses in a workflow?

Isaac "Link" Linkletter, A-CSM January 29, 2020

I'm trying to do some pipeline length calculations, and I'd like to determine the length of time between each status in the workflow (i.e. from "Groomed" to "In Progress" or from "Done" to "Released") for individual tickets, as well as the Epic or Project as a whole.

Desired Outputs

• ISS-1234 "Groomed" to "In Progress", 5 days
  • EPC-4 "In Progress" to "In Test", 26 issues, 3 days average
  • Project X "Backlog" to "Groomed", 453 issues, 29 days average

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020
Isaac "Link" Linkletter, A-CSM January 30, 2020

That looks like a great plugin, and I'll certainly suggest it to our Administrators, but in the meanwhile, is there a less graceful solution that I could cobble together using the features already present in Jira?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

Dear @Isaac "Link" Linkletter, A-CSM ,

the point is, that aggregation of "time in a status" with several transitions back and fourth is not possible with JQL.

The information is all in the history of one issue, but you need to do this on your own.

So long

Thomas

Isaac "Link" Linkletter, A-CSM January 30, 2020

Thanks Thomas!

Suggest an answer