How to do a condition in transition and for previous transitions?

Olga_Popova October 24, 2017

Hi!
I've done the instruction (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-create-manager-approval-for-multiple-departments-in-a-workflow-744325603.html), but I need a condition for the "Approved" transition, for example, for going to the next status, department A and department B has to do a transition. Other words we need two approvals: of the department A and of the department B, and only then can the fallowing operations take a place.

Help me, please, to resolve the task.
Best wishes!
Olga!

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2017

Hi Olga,

I understand you are following that KB, however I think there might be a misconception over what this KB is suggesting.  The steps in that KB are only suggesting to set a single workflow condition for each transition.  If you apply two group membership conditions to the same transition, then only users that exist in both group A and group B could approve this by transitioning the issue.  I don't think that is what you want here if I understand correctly.  Instead I think that you are first wanting group A to approve the issue, and then later someone from Group B to also approve.  In the KB I believe that step four explains this need for separate transitions for different groups:

Add a condition to new transition, Department A approval,  "Only users in group User Dept A can execute this transition". Configure a similar condition for each new transition created to associate it with the user group. 

So in your case, I think you would need to create an additional status to the workflow, and then create separate conditions for each of those two separate approval phases.   Your workflow might look something like this:

work111.png

This way you can have a separate conditions on the transitions 'approve2' and 'step2'.   These can be then be for users in different groups. 

I hope this helps,

Andy

Olga_Popova October 26, 2017

Hi Andrew!

Thank you very much for your answer! I used your answer and your logic and it helped me very much to resolve the task.

For other similar task I've done other option of WF and maybe someone will need it, because of that I would like to share it in this topic:

Снимок 1.PNGСнимок 2.PNGСнимок 3.PNGFor another approvals I used the same logic and in the end:Снимок 4.PNGBest regards,

Olga!

Suggest an answer