How to delete a confluence user who has already contributed some pages

Siva Polamarasetti January 16, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to delete a user who had already created/Edited some pages in confluence spaces. Now we are trying to delete a user who has left the organization and getting following error.

"A user can only be deleted if he or she has not authored any content (spaces, pages, comments) in the confluence installation. Users who have authored content may be disabled instead. "

How to reassign the user and delete  them?

Thanks in advance,

PVS

1 answer

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hi Siva,

Disabling is the recommended option. The user will not have access to your instance anymore.

To delete the user.. you can copy the pages he has authored then delete the others.

Siva Polamarasetti January 16, 2018

Actual problem is, we are trying to create same user in another user Directory. Due to organization changes,

User1   no longer valid in user-directory-1, but same user1 need to be created in user-directory-2.

This is where we are facing problem,We want to delete user from user-directory-1 and create same user1 in user-directory-2.

I think it  is basic requirement to have a functionality of delete users when no longer required. Even if they have created a user content let it say user xxxx has created that content.

I still don't understand the functionality of not allowing user delete?

Siva Polamarasetti January 18, 2018

Sorry again, Suppose a user has created 1000 pages, then I have to go every page and assign to different person as TREE copy is allowed in confluence ?

Suggest an answer