How to customize the columns in two dimensional filter gadget

Alex K September 4, 2021

Hi team, 

I’ve created a Two Dimensional tab, where Status is X-axis. I need to have all the statuses shown, even the statuses with no issues (to see the full funnel). But currently the statuses with no issues aren’t reflected in the tab.
Could you please help and explain how can I manage this?

Also, is it possible to re-order the columns according to the workflow if X-axis is any other field except the status. 

Thank you in advance,

Alex 

3 answers

2 votes
giovanni quilotte March 28, 2024

What is the conclusion on the question: How to customize the columns in two dimensional filter gadget.  

Want to reorder the columns moving status "Done" to the being the last colum.

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hi @giovanni quilotte ,

We develop the Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app and its Table Transformer macro allows you to reorder columns in manually created and macro generated tables.

Of course, it's a very minor function of the app in comparison with other features but maybe it's been already installed for your instance (you may browse for the Table Filter, Table Transformer, Table Spreadsheet macros in the macro browser, if you see them, then you have the add-on).

Update: Sorry, it seems that I've misunderstood the question - the initial tag was "Jira Software" and I was talking about the standard two dimensional Jira Chart in Confluence.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Alex K September 11, 2021

Thanks for the clarification. The options of the field are sorted in the same order as we would like to see in our 2d gadget. Filter doesn’t have Order by (even when I tried to add it the issues were shown according to our workflow order (as required)). But in two dimensional gadget the columns are still ordered alphabetically.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2021

Hi @Alex K 

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible. Jira filters and Gadget show data based on issues.

When no issues match the scenario, it’s designed to not show at all rather than showing and saying zero.

If you really do want this then you’ll likely need to build a custom gadget that returns 0 when no issues are found to match the column like in your case.

Regards.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2021

Less I forget, you can always check the marketplace marketplace.atlassian.com for gadgets that may provide said functionality or see here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/writing-gadgets-for-jira/ on writing ones custom gadget.

Alex K September 4, 2021

Hi @Ismael Jimoh

Thanks for your answer. Could you please also advise on the 2nd part of the question: “Is it possible to re-order the columns in two dimensional filter?”

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2021

Hi Alex,

What do you mean by reorder? Do you mean how each column is shown(for example which status is shown before the next)?

If yes, I believe this is due to the way statuses are arranged on the statuses page in the administration section of JIRA.

If you meant something else, could you clarify a bit?

Thanks.

Alex K September 5, 2021

Hi Ismael, 

Thank you for reply. 

Yes, this is what I meant.
Just would like to recheck, if I choose any other field for X-axis (not statuses), can I still change the order of columns?

Thanks

Alex

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2021

I’ll say depending on what field you should be able to. Often times, it depends on the order of entries of the field’s options.

Alex K September 7, 2021

Thanks, @Ismael Jimoh! Could you please clarify a bit more in this regards? The field’s options are ordered according to our workflow, while in 2d filter they’re sorted alphabetically. 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2021

So what I mean is if you are using a select field custom field, the entry here would depend on how you sorted the options of the field.

Check your filter doesn’t have an order by, and though this’ll require me verifying it again, that Atlassian hasn’t by default configured this to sort by Status name in alphabetical order.

Alex K September 11, 2021

@Ismael Jimoh thanks for the clarification. The options of the field are sorted in the same order as we would like to see in our 2d gadget. Filter doesn’t have Order by (even when I tried to add it the issues were shown according to our workflow order (as required)). But in two dimensional gadget the columns are still ordered alphabetically.

Marcus Choi January 26, 2022

following up on this. I have the same issue. i would like to the change the status order on the 2d filter gadget. Currently project status is:

To Do -> In Progress -> Blocked -> Review -> Validate ->Done

However, on the 2d gadget it shows as:

To Do -> In Progress -> Done -> Blocked -> Review -> Validate

I would like to move the Done column all the way to the end.

Gustavo Koldorff March 24, 2023

Following. 

Jane Deese March 27, 2023

Following, same issue. 

Pillai_ Aarthi April 10, 2023

Following, the same issue. Any workaround available?

Like giovanni quilotte likes this
frank_brennan May 15, 2023

This is a useful ask - even if we could get the columns displayed left to right to match the Kanban board order left to right

Like giovanni quilotte likes this
george_bullock July 1, 2023

I have similar question.

On my 2 dimension I would like to show only say the top 5 status (Y Axis) - can I do this.
Also on my instance of Service manager there are 30 people with Tickets (X-Axis) - I would just like to shown my 6 Direct reports - can I do this

george_bullock July 1, 2023

found it - fix my filters for people on X-Axis

Suggest an answer