How to customize 'from' email of the notifications send by Help Desk

Support i4tradies August 6, 2019

Hi,

Can anybody let me know how to change the 'from' email address of the notifications send by Help Desk?

I searched all the settings(which are not user friendly) in helpdesk but couldn't find any option to change the 'from' email address.

Currently this uses jira email address which is automatically generated to our account (jira@xxxx.atlassian.net). but I need to replace that with our own email address.

Thanks!!!

1 answer

0 votes
Roman Kersky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2019

HI. Go to Project Settings / Notifications / Edit email

image.png

Shashika Pradeep August 9, 2019

Thank you for the quick answer. I'm using cloud version and it doesn't have this 'Email' edit field. 

Roman Kersky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2019

khm. In my screen - it is a cloud version =(

Erik Vanderstraeten July 22, 2021

I just read in another thread: this option is not available for next-gen projects.

Follow this change request (today still in status 'open'):
[JSDCLOUD-8346] Outgoing email address configuration - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Suggest an answer