How to create a ticket based on a field value

Zhiming Zhang July 24, 2017

Suppose I have A, B, C three projects and I put them in a single-select list. How can I create a ticket based on the selected value, saying if A is selected then create a ticket in project A

1 answer

1 vote
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Hey - are you using JIRA Server or cloud? For JIRA server you could use Automation add-ons like Power Scripts for JIRA or Scriptrunner, for Cloud you can look into Automation.

Cheers

Christoph

Zhiming Zhang July 25, 2017

Hi Christoph, thanks for reply. I'm using JIRA server. I guess I have to write a script within the plugin to fulfill this based on your reply. I was wondering if you know any plugin could do that, just don't want to reinvent the wheel. 

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

Hey just use Power Scripts, it is very simple and you can do lots of other things with it whilst an addon only doing this is usually very limited in its behavior...

Cheers

Christoph  

Zhiming Zhang July 26, 2017

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at the addson. :)

Suggest an answer