How to create a circular transition

Peter Bengov Community Champion Jan 12, 2015

We have upgraded to 6.3.12 and I can't seem to find a way to create a transition that point to itself (destination step = originating step). In past versions we had the ability to create a global transition with the Destination step of -1. 

Now I can't seem to find this option (which was available from the Diagram workflow-designer view only).

2 answers

Peter Bengov Community Champion Jan 13, 2015

Hi Perdo, this allows to create a global transition but how can I make it circular? That's the problem

Hi Peter, in the designer you can press in one of the circles around the status label and then press another one. It will show you the screen for naming the transition and select the screen for the transition.

Cheers.

Peter Bengov Community Champion Jan 12, 2015

Hey Ramiro, this is indeed working but for a specific status only. I would like to have this as a global feature (transition to be available from all workflow steps).

I believe that feature was removed in a recent release, perhaps 6.3?

Peter Bengov Community Champion Jan 13, 2015

That's what I'm afraid of. However I see it is supported (and works) on workflows that had this configuration before we have upgraded.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,787 views 18 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you