How to clear group picker value at workflow screen

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

Hi All,

Please suggest me how I can clear group picker custom field value in a workflow screen (transition screen).

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2012

You probably need to do this with javascript on that screen. You can add it with message fields from the Jira toolkit, or the description on other fields.

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2012

you could use the Clear Value post function from the Jira Suite Utilities plugin https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowPost-Functions-ClearFieldValuePostFunction

This could be used to clear it on the way into the next state (after the transition screen). If you want it clear before then you'd have to do it on the previous state.

Can I ask why you want the field clear on the transition screen, specifically? It's just that you can also have a validator that says the data must change in a field as well (Jira Misc workflow extensions plugin)

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JMWE/JIRA+Misc+Workflow+Extensions+Documentation

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2012

Thanks for your comment.

I've cerated a group picker cutom field (also having custom notification scheme) and replaced JIRA default assigne field with this custom field for tracking the issue with assignee group.

My problem is that, I'm getting all the system groups in group picker value, So currently any solution is avaiable to restrict groups (group picker value) based on proejct roles ???

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events