How to change resolution status when tasks are back from done to open ?

Magdalena Migas December 5, 2019

I would like to know how to change resolution when by mistake someone closes the task and we need to reopen it and then change resolution from done to open again?

Thank you, 

Magda

3 answers

0 votes

Screenshot 2019-12-05_16-40-46-273.png

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

With such a workflow as it seems you do not have a specific transition to re-open, you could add a post-function on each transition but the two last ones to clear the resolution. And on the two last ones, add a screen which contains the resolution field to make sure it is populated.

Like Magdalena Migas likes this
0 votes

Thank you for advice. 

However, I am not sure if I understand correctly. Could you please advise me If I should create new transition and then status called "Re-opened" and then add a new role in Post Function. 

Thank you! 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

You need a transition to some other status. It can go back to in progress. You don't need a new status just a transition from Done to another status you want it to be in. 

0 votes
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2019

Hi @Magdalena Migas ,

You can add a post-function in the reopen transition to update the resolution and set it to the appropriate value : 

image.png

Antoine

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2019

@Magdalena Migas In addition to what @Antoine Berry says you need a transition to a status not in the done column to put the post function on. If you want the resolution to be Unresolved you need to CLEAR the resolution field in the post function. Unresolved means the field is NULL in the database. NEVER add Unresolved the list of resolutions. that is a common mistake for new users. 

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2019

Agreed, the resolution field (imo) should only be valued in status belonging to the "Done" category.

Suggest an answer