How to change resolution status of already closed issues to "Resolved"

Vidhya Mohan May 19, 2021

Dear Team,

In our workflow, we forgot to add that any closed issue should be marked as 'Resolved'. SO it still is appearing as 'Unresolved'. Is there a way to mark these already closed issues to "Resolved". 

Regards,

Vidhya

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

Hello Vidhya, 

You need to add a post function to transition Resolved, post-function that will set the resolution to Done.

To edit old issues with unresolved resolution follow these steps

Bulk edit resolution

What you need to do is bulk edit the issues, but you need to edit the workflow first.

I don't know if you are using done or closed or resolved as an end status, I'll write the example in with closed but it's all the same.

1. Add a new transition from CLOSED to CLOSED and name it Done Fix on this transition add a post-function that sets the issue resolution to DONE

2.  publish the workflow, you can save a copy 

3. Go to issue navigator find all issues that are in status CLOSED and resolution is Unresolved

4. In the top right corner, you will see Tools click on that bulk change

5. Select all issues

6. Choose transition issues -> choose Done fix

7. Choose not to send an email for this change if it offers

After you do this bulk edit you can remove Done Fix transition from workflow, that transition was necessary for fixing the error via bulk edit, future/new issues won't have this problem since you set the resolution before CLOSE.

BR, Olga

Vidhya Mohan May 19, 2021

@Olga Videc 

thank you. It worked

Deleted user May 31, 2022

Thank you!

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2023

Thank you, this helped a lot!

0 votes
Carolina SILVA March 13, 2024

Thanks @Olga Videc very helpful.
I recommend your step-by-step 

Suggest an answer