In our workflow, we forgot to add that any closed issue should be marked as 'Resolved'. SO it still is appearing as 'Unresolved'. Is there a way to mark these already closed issues to "Resolved".
You need to add a post function to transition Resolved, post-function that will set the resolution to Done.
To edit old issues with unresolved resolution follow these steps
Bulk edit resolution
What you need to do is bulk edit the issues, but you need to edit the workflow first.
I don't know if you are using done or closed or resolved as an end status, I'll write the example in with closed but it's all the same.
1. Add a new transition from CLOSED to CLOSED and name it Done Fix on this transition add a post-function that sets the issue resolution to DONE
2. publish the workflow, you can save a copy
3. Go to issue navigator find all issues that are in status CLOSED and resolution is Unresolved
4. In the top right corner, you will see Tools click on that bulk change
5. Select all issues
6. Choose transition issues -> choose Done fix
7. Choose not to send an email for this change if it offers
After you do this bulk edit you can remove Done Fix transition from workflow, that transition was necessary for fixing the error via bulk edit, future/new issues won't have this problem since you set the resolution before CLOSE.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events