How to change domain name for all users; new company domain name.

We have a new company domain name (internet domain not the MS one).  We use LDAP user directory for JIRA and Confluence.  Our users log-in fine but when they send email their "from email" field is the new one and the incoming mail handler does not recognize them as users.  I observe the user directory through JIRA and see that all users are represented by their old domain name (i.e. user1@oldDomainName.com).

I have one user in local directory with a user@steadySameOldDomainName.com that is well handled by the incoming mail handler.

My question is how do I change all users from user1@oldDomainName.com to user1@newDomainName.com ?

1 answer

I'd imagine you need to ensure the LDAP is updated with the new addresses and then run a full synchronization. Administration -> User Management -> User Directories.

If you have users in the local directory you can update the using the API. Bob Swifts JCLI is my tool of choice for this sort of thing: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.cli

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

111 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you