How to add custom field help popup?

Suresh August 5, 2014

Hi All,

Could you tell us how to add (custom)popup when click on custom field help icon?

I am able add help text below below the custom field.But the requirement is to add pop up when clicking on help icon.

thanyou,

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014
Suresh August 5, 2014

thanks for the response

I have gone through this.But how can we popup the page like if you click on priotrity field help icon it giving popups.

Please let me know is there any other option

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

Have you tried the code given by Matt Doar?

Suresh August 5, 2014

I have tried.Added the tool tip.

If we click on helip icon it should pop-up the new page (html) like if we click on priority help icon.

please suggest us!

anders.taflin@atlascopco.com December 15, 2020

I tried the URL from Bushan here above, and the page no longer exists!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

It is 6 years old, things have changed.

The latest version of the page available was for Jira 6.4 and is at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/creating-help-for-a-custom-field-720412166.html

I don't think the option there works any more though, Atlassian have been gradually removing the ability to do bad things with Javascript from Jira.  You can try it, but I don't think it will work, and I would not recommend doing it at all.

Suggest an answer