How to add checklist in a Workflow transition

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

I would like to add (append) to a checklist customfield in a workflow transition (JIRA CLOUD).

Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

From the workflow transition step, Add a transition screen with those fields. In the same transition, add a validator to make sure it is not empty. 

By the way, "Update Issue Custom Field" is used to set a value during the transition. Can you please explain with an example how you need it?

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

I need to checklist to grow as the workflow moves forward.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2016

It is possible to create a workflow screen that will appear when the workflow transition is executed. You can place your customfield on this screen. 

Does that help?

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2016

I meant automatic. In Cloud there is a postfunction "Update Issue Custom Field" with an option to append. I think this should do it but I would like to confirm it with you.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer