How to add checklist in a Workflow transition

I would like to add (append) to a checklist customfield in a workflow transition (JIRA CLOUD).

Is this possible?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It is possible to create a workflow screen that will appear when the workflow transition is executed. You can place your customfield on this screen. 

Does that help?

I meant automatic. In Cloud there is a postfunction "Update Issue Custom Field" with an option to append. I think this should do it but I would like to confirm it with you.

Thanks.

This widget could not be displayed.
Mahesh S Community Champion Jun 14, 2016

From the workflow transition step, Add a transition screen with those fields. In the same transition, add a validator to make sure it is not empty. 

By the way, "Update Issue Custom Field" is used to set a value during the transition. Can you please explain with an example how you need it?

I need to checklist to grow as the workflow moves forward.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

234 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you