How to Import one project with "project onfigurator'

Julio Valdez May 21, 2015

Hi,

I installed 'project configurator' on two separate JIRA instances (both Q&A).  I did an 'export all projects' and then attempted a 'load project configuration'.  I receive an error of 'Load failed for reason:  Trying to configure a non editable workflow: classic default workflow, which already has a draft

How can I go about just importing one project?  Thought this plugin would make this task much easier.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

If you want to import just one project, you should rather export that single project, instead of exporting all of them. The plugin documentation shows how you can export one project or all of them. Have a look there.

Regarding the error you found, when the plugin detects it has to modify an active workflow, it does not modify that workflow directly, but it creates a draft and applies changes on it (it is like JIRA, you cannot change an active workflow). If it detects that the workflow already has a draft, then it stops the import with that message. Otherwise, the changes you had already made in that draft could be lost. This page has more information on how workflows and workflow schemes are handled by the plugin.

(Due to a problem with Atlassian Answers, this reply was sent directly to Julio a few days ago. I am posting it here so that others can see it too)

Suggest an answer