How do i get a list of all dropdown values used in a project? e.g., Organization field uses xyz, abc

Ellen Sulerzyski December 17, 2019

Is there any way to obtain a list, by field, in a project of all the drop down values that are being used?  I need to see drop down values in a project that may be replicated in my project.  

1 answer

0 votes
Damian Wodzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

If you are an admin, you can look into "Custom fields" configuration and see all possible options.

Ellen Sulerzyski December 17, 2019

Thanks Damian.  Unfortunately, I'm not an admin on that project.  I need to see all the drop down values being used on one instance of Jira so that I can replicate on another instance of Jira.  I am hoping there is a way for them to export their values so I can review and determine if my instance should have the same values.  Hope I'm making sense.

Damian Wodzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

I do not think so. You can search for a list of Issues, where this field is not empty using IQL, then choosing only this field on list to be visible and export all the data to excel. Then you can sort them out in the excel itself and see which options were used.

Like Ellen Sulerzyski likes this

Suggest an answer