How do I rename a non-custom field?

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Is there a way to change the names of non-custom fields? For example Affects Version/s or Fix Version/s?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Renaming+System+Fields+in+JIRA

Says that's a no-go...but does list an option if you aren't using OnDemand.

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

Thanks that will work, we're not using on-demand. I just wasn't searching for the correct term.

The plugin idea is good to but I only need to do a couple of fields.

1 vote
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013
This might help: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.translations.jira.inproduct if you are at 5.1 or higher. I have no experience yet with this plugin, but give it a try if you can and let us know if it helped
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2013

Yes it helps. That plugin is meant for that :)

Suggest an answer